Seminole Club of Polk County Scholarship
The Seminole Club of Polk County (a.k.a., Polk Noles) is delighted to offer scholarships of $1,000 each to deserving students from schools in Polk County who will attend Florida State University!
THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA MUST BE MET IN ORDER FOR AN APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A SCHOLARSHIP
- Must be a resident of Polk County
- Award to be made to graduating seniors from accredited Polk County High Schools who will, if admitted, attend Florida State University.
- A high school grade point average of 3.5 (unweighted), or better.
- An SAT score of 1100 and/or an ACT score of 24, or better
- Evidence of community service and extracurricular activity befitting a responsible citizen of Polk County and the state of Florida.
- Preference will be given to students who have demonstrated academic ability and leadership skills pursuant to the above guidelines, with financial need a secondary consideration.
- A letter of acceptance from Florida State University. Applicants awaiting acceptance may apply but, if accepted, the award is provisional until accepted.
- A pdf version of the official transcript from the student’s high school (upon selection as a finalist for the award, verification of the transcript will be requested from the school.)
- Send the completed application with pdf version of official transcript and copy of acceptance letter as email attachments to: email@example.com with the subject line as follows:
Polk Noles Scholarship Application – STUDENT NAME
Deadline: Applications must be received by 5:00 PM on April 21.
Scholarship winners and their parent(s) will be notified by early May and will be invited to attend the Seminole Club of Polk County Annual Banquet, Golf Tournament, or similar event where the awards will be announced (if applicable).
The scholarship awards will be deposited by the SEMINOLE CLUB OF POLK COUNTY directly to the students’ account at Florida State to be administered for the fall semester.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE EMAIL TO THE ABOVE EMAIL ADDRESS.